English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-17

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 17

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 17


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

Tim said, "I may teach you if you will show sincerity."

[A].   Tim said that he might teach me if I would show sincerity.
[B].   Tim said that he may teach me at a condition.
[C].   Tim said that he could teach me had I shown sincerity.
[D].   Tim said that he will teach me if I was to show sincerity.


Question : 2

He said, "Why didn't you send your application to me ?"

[A].   He enquired why I had not sent my application to him.
[B].   He enquired why I did not send my application to him.
[C].   He enquired why had I not sent my application to him.
[D].   He enquired why did I not send my application to him.


Question : 3

My friend said, “I am leaving today.”

[A].   My friend said that he is leaving today.
[B].   My friend said that he was leaving today.
[C].   My friend said that he leaves today.
[D].   My friend said that he was leaving that day.


Question : 4

He said to me, "I expect you to attend the function."

[A].   He told me that he had expected me to attend the function.
[B].   He told me that he expected me to attended the function.
[C].   He told me that he expected me to have attended the function.
[D].   He told me that he expected me to attend the function.


Question : 5

He said, “Long may you live.”

[A].   He suggested that my life might be long.
[B].   He prayed that my life might be long.
[C].   He prayed that my life may be longer.
[D].   He declared that my life is longer.


Question : 6

Meera said, "It’s time. I must go now."

[A].   Meera said that it is time and she should leave.
[B].   Meera said that it was time and she had to go then.
[C].   Meera said that it was time to go then.
[D].   Meera said it is time and she may go.


Question : 7

He said, “How cruel if him!”

[A].   He remarked that it was very cruel of him.
[B].   He remarked on his great cruelty.
[C].   He remark that it was very cruel of him.
[D].   He remarked that it is very cruel of him.


Question : 8

Vissu said, "We passed by a beautiful lake when we went on a trip to Goa."

[A].   Vissu said that they passed by a beautiful lake when they had gone on a trip to Goa.
[B].   Vissu said that they has passed by a beautiful lake when they went on a trip to Goa.
[C].   Vissu said that they had passed by a beautiful lake when they had gone on a trip to Goa.
[D].   Vissu said they passed by a beautiful lake when they went on a trip to Goa.


Question : 9

Rahul said, “I will do it now or never.”

[A].   Rahul said that he will do it now or never.
[B].   Rahul said that he will now or never do it.
[C].   Rahul said that he would do it then or never.
[D].   Rahul said that he would now or never do it.


Question : 10

Parveen said, "Alas! These are difficult times."

[A].   Parveen said that those were difficult times.
[B].   Parveen said it would have been difficult times.
[C].   Parveen sighed with sorrow that those were difficult times.
[D].   Parveen exclaimed that those were difficult times.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment