English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-16

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 16

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 16


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

He said, "Guard the door."

[A].   He pleaded with me to guard the door.
[B].   He asked if I could guard the door.
[C].   He enquired whether I may guard the door.
[D].   He commanded me to guard the door.


Question : 2

The chief minister said, “What a disaster the earthquake is!”

[A].   The chief minister cried that the earthquake was a terrible disaster.
[B].   The chief minister expressed with surprise that the earthquake was a terrible disaster.
[C].   The chief minister exclaimed with sorrow that the earthquake was a terrible disaster.
[D].   The chief minister told in pain that the earthquake was a terrible disaster.


Question : 3

"What about going for swim," he said, "It's quite fine now."

[A].   He asked me what about going for a swim as it was quite fine then.
[B].   He proposed going for swim as it was quite fine.
[C].   He suggested going for a swim as it was quite fine.
[D].   He advised me to go for a swim as it was quite fine.


Question : 4

Indirect speech is also called as :

[A].   Reported speech
[B].   Quoted speech
[C].   Simple speech
[D].   Principal speech


Question : 5

"You can't bathe in this sea," he said to me, "it's very rough."

[A].   He said that I can't bathe in this sea because it's very rough.
[B].   He said that you couldn't bathe in the sea if it was very rough.
[C].   He said that I couldn't bathe in that sea as it was very rough.
[D].   He said that you can't bathe in this sea since it was very rough.


Question : 6

She said, "You have been late. Everybody’s here already."

[A].   She said that I had been late and everybody was there already.
[B].   She said that I was late and that everyone was there already.
[C].   She said I got late so that everybody was there already.
[D].   She said that I am late and everybody got there already.


Question : 7

Socrates said, “Virtue is its own reward.”

[A].   Socrates said that virtue had its own rewards.
[B].   Socrates says that virtue is its own reward.
[C].   Socrates said that virtue is its own reward.
[D].   Socrates said that virtue was its own reward.


Question : 8

She said, “Alas ! I have failed.”

[A].   She exclaimed sadly that she failed.
[B].   She exclaimed sadly that she had failed.
[C].   She exclaimed sadly that I failed.
[D].   She exclaimed that she failed.


Question : 9

“How long does the journey take” my co-passenger asked me.

[A].   My co-passenger asked me how long does the journey take?
[B].   I asked my co-passenger how long the journey would take.
[C].   My co-passenger wanted to know how long the journey would take.
[D].   My co-passenger asked me how long the journey did take.


Question : 10

Grandpa said, "What’s the time by your watch?"

[A].   Grandpa asked me what time it was by my watch.
[B].   Grandpa asked me what was the time by my watch.
[C].   Grandpa asked me what the time was by my watch.
[D].   Grandpa asks me what time it was by my watch.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment