English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-14

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 14

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 14


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

The lawyer said, "The law always believes in the evidence."

[A].   The lawyer said that the law always believed in the evidence.
[B].   The lawyer said that the law should always believe in the evidence.
[C].   The lawyer said that the law always believes in the evidence.
[D].   The lawyer said that the law has always believed in the evidence.


Question : 2

SIta said to me, " Can you give me your pen ?"

[A].   SIta asked me can I give her my pen.
[B].   SIta asked me if I can give me your pen.
[C].   SIta asked me if I could give her my pen.
[D].   SIta asked me if i could give her my pen.


Question : 3

She said, “The man died in the afternoon.”

[A].   She said the man died in the afternoon.
[B].   She said that the man had died in the afternoon.
[C].   She had said the man died in the afternoon.
[D].   She said the man was dead in the afternoon.


Question : 4

Ranjan said, "You can not park here!"

[A].   Rajan said that I may not park here.
[B].   Ranjan said to me that I was unable to park there.
[C].   Ranajn exclaimed that I couldn’t park there.
[D].   Ranjan forbade me to park there.


Question : 5

"Where will you be tomorrow," I said, "in case I have to ring you ?"

[A].   I asked where you will be the next day in case I will ring him.
[B].   I asked where he would be the next day in case I had to ring him.
[C].   I said to him where he will be in case I have to ring him.
[D].   I inquired about his where about the next day in case I would have to ring up.


Question : 6

She said, “My mother is cooking food.”

[A].   She said that her mother was cooking food.
[B].   She said that my mother was cooking food.
[C].   She said that her mother is cooking food.
[D].   She said that my mother is cooking food.


Question : 7

The boss said, "Call him right now."

[A].   The boss shouted and said to call him right then.
[B].   The boss ordered me to call him quickly.
[C].   The boss told me to call him now.
[D].   The boss ordered me to call him right then.


Question : 8

The poor examine said,"O God, take pity on me."

[A].   The poor examine prayed God to take pity on him.
[B].   The poor examine, involving God, implored him to take pity on him.
[C].   The poor examine exclaimed that God take pity on him.
[D].   The poor examine asked God to take pity on him.


Question : 9

She said to me, “Who teaches you English?”

[A].   She asked me who taught me English.
[B].   She told me that who teaches you English.
[C].   She asked me if who teaches us English.
[D].   She asked me who taught us English.


Question : 10

Harish said, "Will you accompany me there?"

[A].   Harish asked me if I would accompany him there.
[B].   Harish asked if I could accompany him there.
[C].   Harish enquired whether I will accompany him there.
[D].   Harish said to me that I accompany him there.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment