English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-18

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 18

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 18


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

Peter said that he would definitely come.

[A].   Peter asked, "Should I come?"
[B].   Peter said, "I will definitely come."
[C].   Peter said, "I would definitely go."
[D].   Peter said, "I shall go."


Question : 2

"What did you see at the South Pole ?" Ashok asked Anil.

[A].   Ashok asked Anil if he saw anything at the South Pole.
[B].   Ashok asked Anil What he had seen at the South Pole.
[C].   Ashok asked Anil What did he see at the South Pole.
[D].   Ashok asked Anil that he saw anything at the South Pole.


Question : 3

She said to Rita, “Please help me with my homework.”

[A].   She requested Rita to help her in her homework.
[B].   Rita requested her to help her with her homework.
[C].   She requested Rita to help her with her homework.
[D].   She requested Rita to help her homework.


Question : 4

He asked me if I was free that afternoon.

[A].   He said, "Are you free this afternoon?"
[B].   He said, "Will you be free this after?"
[C].   He said, "If I am free this afternoon?"
[D].   He said, "Be free this afternoon."


Question : 5

My principal told me, “Don’t conduct any test tomorrow.”

[A].   My Principal told me not to conduct any test tomorrow.
[B].   My principal told me not to conduct any test tomorrow.
[C].   My Principal ordered me don’t conduct any test.
[D].   My Principal ordered me not to conduct any test the next day.


Question : 6

Suresh asked, " How long will it take to travel from Germany to South Africa ?"

[A].   Suresh asked how long it will take to travel from Germany to South Africa.
[B].   Suresh asked how long would it take to travel from Germany to South Africa.
[C].   Suresh asked how long it would take to travel from Germany to South Africa.
[D].   Suresh was asking how long must it take to travel from Germany to South Africa.


Question : 7

“What kind of scheme do you have?” Amit asked the insurance agent.

[A].   Amit asked the insurance agent what kind of scheme he/she had.
[B].   Amit asked the insurance agent what kind of scheme he/she was.
[C].   Amit asked the insurance agent what kind of scheme he/she is having.
[D].   Amit asked the insurance agent what kind of scheme he/she was having.


Question : 8

Dinesh asked, "Are you going to the party tomorrow, Rani ?"

[A].   Dinesh asked whether Rani was going to the party the next day.
[B].   Dinesh asked Rani whether you are going to the party the next day.
[C].   Dinesh asked Rani whether she was going to the party the next day.
[D].   Dinesh asked Rani are you going to the party tomorrow.


Question : 9

“I shall unlock the secrets of their success,” he said.

[A].   He said that he shall unlock the secrets of their success.
[B].   He said that he should unlock the secrets of their success.
[C].   He said that he would unlock the secrets of their success.
[D].   He said that he will unlock the secret of their success.


Question : 10

She said that she exercises daily.

[A].   She said, "I exercise daily."
[B].   She said, "I would exercise daily."
[C].   She said, "I exercises daily."
[D].   She said, "I exercised daily."





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment