English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-19

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 19

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 19


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

George exclaimed with joy that he was happy with his result.

[A].   George said, "I am happy with my result."
[B].   George said, "Alas! I am happy with the result."
[C].   George said, "Hurrah! I am happy with my result."
[D].   George said, "Happy with the result!"


Question : 2

The teacher said to the student, “Why were you absent yesterday?”

[A].   The teacher asked the student why had been he absent the previous day.
[B].   The teacher asked the student why had he been absent the previous day.
[C].   The teacher informed the student that why he had been absent the next day.
[D].   The teacher asked the student why he had been absent the previous day.


Question : 3

My father said to us, "We should study and get a good division in the examination."

[A].   My father said us that we should study and got a good division in the examination.
[B].   My father told us that we should studied and got a good division in the examination.
[C].   My father told us that we should study and get a good division in the examination.
[D].   My father told to us that we should study and get a good division in the examination.


Question : 4

The queen said to her son, “You must go to the forest and remain there till your father calls you back.”

[A].   The queen ordered her son to go to the forest and remain there till his father calls him back.
[B].   The queen told her son that he must go to the forest and remain there till his father called him back.
[C].   The queen told his son that you must go to the forest and remain there till your father called you back.
[D].   The queen told her son to go to the forest and remained there till his father called him back.


Question : 5

Ravinder said that Sarah had completed the course.

[A].   Ravinder said, "Sarah was completing the course."
[B].   Ravinder said, "Sarah has completed the course."
[C].   Ravinder said, "Sarah completed the course."
[D].   Ravinder said, "Sarah is completing the course."


Question : 6

The Prime Minister said that no one would be allowed to disturb the peace.

[A].   The Prime Minister said, “We shall not allow anyone to disturb the peace.”
[B].   The Prime Minister said, “We would not allow no one to disturb the peace.”
[C].   The Prime Minister said, “No one will disturb the peace.”
[D].   The Prime Minister said, “No one can disturb the peace.”


Question : 7

He said to Sita, “When do you intend to pry back the money you borrowed from me”?

[A].   He enquired Sita when did she intend to pay back the money she borrowed from him.
[B].   He enquired Sita when she intended to pay back the money she borrowed from him.
[C].   He enquired Sita when she intended to pay back the money she had borrowed from him.
[D].   He enquired when Sita intended to pay back the money she borrowed from him.


Question : 8

I said to my brother, “Let us go to some hill station for a change.”

[A].   I suggested to my brother that they should go to some hill station for a change.
[B].   I suggested to my brother that we should go to some hill station for a change.
[C].   I suggested to my brother that let us go to some hill station for a change.
[D].   I suggested to my brother that let them go to some hill station for a change.


Question : 9

“May you live and prosper”, said the old lady to her son.

[A].   The old lady blessed her son with long life and wished him prosperity.
[B].   The old lady prayed for her son’s long life and prosperity.
[C].   The old lady prayed for her son and said that he might live long and prosper.
[D].   The old lady blessed her son and prayed for his long life and prosperity.


Question : 10

He said that he would deposit the cheque the following day.

[A].   He said, "I will deposit the cheque the next day."
[B].   He said, "I would deposit the cheque soon."
[C].   He said, "I will deposit the cheque tomorrow."
[D].   He said, "I would deposit the cheque the following day."





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment