English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-23

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 23

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 23


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

I said to my friend, “Good morning. Let us go for a picnic today.”

[A].   I told good morning to my friend and asked to go for a picnic that today.
[B].   I wished my friend good morning and proposed that we should go for a picnic that day.
[C].   I wished my friend good morning and proposed that they should go for a picnic that day.
[D].   I told good morning to my friend and suggested to go for a picnic today.


Question : 2

She asked whether Jessica would arrive the following week.

[A].   She said, "Would Jessica be arriving next week?"
[B].   She said, "Would Jessica arrive the next week?"
[C].   She said, "Will Jessica be arriving the next week?"
[D].   She said, "Will Jessica arrive the next week?"


Question : 3

He said, "Ah! You are here."

[A].   He exclaimed with delight that I was there.
[B].   He said that he was delighted that I was there.
[C].   He exclaimed with joy to see me there.
[D].   He said it was a joy to see me there.


Question : 4

I warned her that I could no longer tolerate her coming late.

[A].   I said to her, “You can no longer tolerate my coming late.”
[B].   I said to her, “I can no longer tolerate your coming late.”
[C].   I said to her, “He can no longer tolerate her coming late.”
[D].   I said to her, “I can no longer tolerate she coming late.”


Question : 5

The student said, "Ma’am, please extend the deadline."

[A].   The student asked the teacher to extend the deadline.
[B].   The student said if the teacher would extend the deadline.
[C].   The student requested ma’am to extend the deadline.
[D].   The student said that ma’am should extend the deadline.


Question : 6

The teacher quoted that slow and steady wins the race.

[A].   The teacher said, "Slow and steady should win the race."
[B].   The teacher said, "Slow and steady have won the race."
[C].   The teacher said, "Slow and steady have been winning the race."
[D].   The teacher said, "Slow and steady wins the race."


Question : 7

David said, "Can we go tomorrow?"

[A].   David said if we can go tomorrow.
[B].   David asked if we could go the following day.
[C].   David asked if we could go tomorrow.
[D].   David said whether we could go tomorrow.


Question : 8

Aarati said, “I am in a hurry today.”

[A].   Aarati said that she was in a hurry that day.
[B].   Aarati said that I am in a hurry today.
[C].   Aarati said that she is in a hurry today.
[D].   Aarati said that she is in a hurry that day.


Question : 9

She said, "What a beautiful view!"

[A].   She said that the view was beautiful.
[B].   She exclaimed that the view is beautiful.
[C].   She exclaimed with joy and said that the view was beautiful.
[D].   She exclaimed that the view was beautiful.


Question : 10

The chairman said that it was his pleasure to be there that evening.

[A].   The chairman said, "It is my pleasure to be here that evening."
[B].   The chairman said, "It is my pleasure to be here this evening."
[C].   The chairman said, "It was my pleasure to be there this evening."
[D].   The chairman said, "It had been my pleasure to be here this evening."





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment