English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-20

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 20

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 20


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

He said that he had been looking for the file.

[A].   He said, "I am looking for the file."
[B].   He said, "I was looking for the file."
[C].   He said, "I have looked for the file."
[D].   He said, "I have been looking for the file."


Question : 2

He said, “It used to be a lovely, quiet street.”

[A].   He said that it used to be a lovely, quiet street.
[B].   He pointed out that it had used to be a lovely, quiet street.
[C].   He said that there used to be a lovely, quiet street.
[D].   He inquired whether there was a lovely, quiet street.


Question : 3

He said that Chris had been busy

[A].   He said, "Chris is busy."
[B].   He said, "Chris was busy."
[C].   He said, "Chris had been busy."
[D].   He said, "Chris have been busy."


Question : 4

He asked me, “Have you finished reading the magazine?”

[A].   He asked me whether I had finished reading the magazine.
[B].   He asked me if I had I finished the reading of magazine.
[C].   He asked me if I have finished reading the magazine.
[D].   He asked me whether I finished reading the magazine.


Question : 5

She said, "Bring a glass of water, please."

[A].   She commands me to bring a glass of water.
[B].   She requested me to bring a glass of water.
[C].   She asked me to brought a glass of water.
[D].   She ordered me to bring her a glass of water.


Question : 6

He told the peon to inform the manager.

[A].   He said to the peon, "Inform the manager."
[B].   He said, "The peon must inform the manager."
[C].   He said to the peon, "Manager should be informed."
[D].   He said to me, "The peon shall inform the manager."


Question : 7

He said, "Let us have dinner here."

[A].   He proposed that we had dinner there.
[B].   He asked if we wished to have dinner there.
[C].   He said that we should have dinner there.
[D].   He said that we had dinner there.


Question : 8

Ramu said, “My master is planning to build a huge house in Khandala.”

[A].   Ramu said that his master plan to build a huge house in Khandala.
[B].   Ramu said that his master is planning to build a huge house in Khandala.
[C].   Ramu said that his master’s plan is to build a huge house in Khandala.
[D].   Ramu said that his master was planning to build a huge house in khandala.


Question : 9

The salesman said, "Are you interested in the scheme?"

[A].   The salesman said that if I was interested in the scheme.
[B].   The salesman said that if I were interested in the scheme.
[C].   The salesman asks if I am interested in the scheme.
[D].   The salesman asked me if I was interested in the scheme.


Question : 10

He said he goes for a walk every morning.

[A].   He said, “I went for a walk every morning.”
[B].   He said, “I go for a walk every morning.”
[C].   He said, “I will go for a walk every morning.”
[D].   He said, “He goes for a walk every morning.”





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment