English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-13

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 13

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 13


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

The teacher said to Ram,"Congratulations ! Wish you success in life."

[A].   The teacher congratulated Ram and said wish you success in life.
[B].   The teacher wished congratulations and success in life to Ram.
[C].   The teacher wished congratulations to Ram and wished him success in life.
[D].   The teacher congratulated Ram and wished him success in life.


Question : 2

They said to me, “Are the apples sweet?”

[A].   They told me if the apples were sweet.
[B].   They told me that the apples were sweet.
[C].   They asked me if the apples were sweet.
[D].   They asked me that the apples were sweet.


Question : 3

Gaurav said, "Where have you been?"

[A].   Gaurav asked me where I had been.
[B].   Gaurav told me where I should have been.
[C].   Gaurav told me where I was.
[D].   Gaurav said that I had not been there.


Question : 4

Mohan says to me, “I am going to school.”

[A].   Mohan says that I am going to school.
[B].   Mohan says that he was going to school.
[C].   Mohan tells me if I was going to school.
[D].   Mohan tells me that he is going to school.


Question : 5

Mohan said, "We shall go to see the Taj in the moonlit night".

[A].   Mohan said that we shall go to see the Taj in the moonlit night.
[B].   Mohan told that we shall go to see the Taj in moonlit night.
[C].   Mohan told that we should go to see the Taj in the moonlit night.
[D].   Mohan said that they should go to see the Taj in moonlit night.


Question : 6

He said to me, “You will miss the train.”

[A].   He told me that I would miss the train.
[B].   He asked me if I would miss the train.
[C].   He said to me that I will miss the train.
[D].   He told me that 1 will miss the train.


Question : 7

The landlord said, "You should leave if you can not pay the rent."

[A].   The landlord asks me to leave if I didn’t pay the rent.
[B].   The landlord warned me to leave if I couldn’t pay the rent.
[C].   The landlord asked me to leave if I would not be paying the rent.
[D].   The landlord asked me to leave or pay the rent.


Question : 8

Suntan said to Geeta, “I walked to the market yesterday.”

[A].   Suman asked Geeta that she walked to the market yesterday.
[B].   Suman told Geeta that she had walked to the market the previous day.
[C].   Suman told Geeta that she walked to the market the previous day.
[D].   Suman told Geeta that I had walked to the market the next day.


Question : 9

The government has announced, "Taxes will be raised".

[A].   The government has announced that taxes would be raised.
[B].   The government has announced that taxes would raised.
[C].   The government has announced that taxes will be raised.
[D].   The government has announced taxes will be raised.


Question : 10

Ritu said, "Please lend me a pen."

[A].   Ritu ordered me to lend a pen.
[B].   Ritu begged me to lend her a pen.
[C].   Ritu asked if I could lend her pen.
[D].   Ritu requested me to lend her a pen.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment