English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-43

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 43

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 43


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

She exclaimed with joy that that was her birthday party.

[A].   She said, "It is my birthday party."
[B].   She said, "On! It is my birthday party."
[C].   She said, "I have been waiting for my birthday party."
[D].   She said, "Yay! It is my birthday party."


Question : 2

He said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a bird".

[A].   He proposed to have the wrings of a bird.
[B].   He wished that he might have the wings of a bird.
[C].   He wished that he could have the wings of a bird.
[D].   He wished that he had the wings of a bird.


Question : 3

He said to the interviewer, "Could you please repeat the question?"

[A].   He requested the interviewer if he could please repeat the question.
[B].   He requested the interviewer to please repeat the question.
[C].   He requested the interviewer to repeat the question.
[D].   He requested the interviewer if he could repeat the question.


Question : 4

Anthony said that I should definitely visit there.

[A].   Anthony said, "You shall definitely visit here."
[B].   Anthony said, "You should definitely visit there."
[C].   Anthony said, "You may visit there once."
[D].   Anthony said, "Everyone should definitely visit there."


Question : 5

The patient asked the doctor what he should normally eat.

[A].   The patient exclaimed, "What should I normally eat, doctor?"
[B].   The patient said, "What I should normally eat doctor?"
[C].   The patient told,"What should I normally eat?"
[D].   The patient said, "What should I normally eat doctor?"


Question : 6

The General said, "Bravo! Well done, my soldiers".

[A].   The General told the soldiers that they had done well.
[B].   The General applauded his soldiers saying that they would do well.
[C].   The General applauded his soldiers for their excellent job.
[D].   The General applauded his soldiers saying that they had done well.


Question : 7

Kiara said that she had been planning for that for a while.

[A].   Kiara said, "I had a plan for this for a while."
[B].   Kiara said, "I have planned for this for a while."
[C].   Kiara said, "I have been planning for this for a while."
[D].   Kiara said, "I planned this for a while."


Question : 8

"Who was the first man to fly in space?" questioned the examiner.

[A].   The examiner asked who the first man to fly in space was.
[B].   The examiner asked about the first man to fly in space.
[C].   The examiner questioned about the first man to fly in space.
[D].   The examiner asked who was the first man to fly in space.


Question : 9

He said, "If I had the key with me, I could give you the solution".

[A].   He said that if he had the key with him, he could give him/her the solution.
[B].   He said if he could have the key with him,he would give him/her the solution.
[C].   He told that if he could have the key with him, he would give him/her the solution.
[D].   He said that If he have had the key with him, he could have given him/her the solution.


Question : 10

He asked me whether you were ready or he should wait.

[A].   He said to me, "Is she ready or shall I wait?"
[B].   He said, "Are you ready or should I wait?"
[C].   He said to me, "Are you ready or shall I wait?"
[D].   He said, "Are you ready or not?"





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment