English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-45

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 45

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 45


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

The master said that he would see me the next day.

[A].   "You will be seen by me tomorrow,"said the master.
[B].   "Tomorrow, I will see you," says the master.
[C].   "I will be seeing you tomorrow," said the master.
[D].   "I will see you tomorrow," said the master.


Question : 2

The child said, “Father, I have broken the plate.”

[A].   The child said to father that I have broken the plate.
[B].   The child told to father that he has broken the plate.
[C].   The child told to his father that he had broken the plate.
[D].   The child said to his father that I have broken the plate.


Question : 3

I said to her, “Have you completed your work?”

[A].   I said to her that have you completed your work.
[B].   I asked her that she has completed her work.
[C].   I asked her whether she had completed her work.
[D].   I asked her if she had completed her work.


Question : 4

"I gave the packet to Tom,who kept it a long time," said Pamela.

[A].   Pamela said that she had gave the packet to Tom who kept it a long time.
[B].   Pamela said that she had given the packet to Tom,who kept it a long time.
[C].   Pamela said that she had given the packet to Tom,who kept it for longtime
[D].   Pamela said that she had given the packet to Tom, to keep for a long time.


Question : 5

The captain shouted, “Hurrah! We have won the match.”

[A].   The captain shouted that Hurrah! we have won the match.
[B].   The captain exclaimed with joy that they had won the match.
[C].   The captain shouted with joy that we have won the match.
[D].   The captain exclaimed with joy that we had won the match.


Question : 6

They said, “We have achieved our end.”

[A].   They told that we have achieved our end.
[B].   They said that they have achieved their end.
[C].   They said that they had achieved their end.
[D].   They said that we had achieved our end.


Question : 7

He said, "I had a wonderful dream last night".

[A].   He said that he saw a wonderful dream last night.
[B].   He said that last night he had a wonderful dream.
[C].   He said that he had had a wonderful dream the previous night.
[D].   He said that he had seen a wonderful dream yesterday.


Question : 8

Ram said to the magician, “What have I done to deserve so severe a blow?”

[A].   Ram said to the magician that What have I done to deserve so severe a blow.
[B].   Ram asked the magician what he had done to deserve so severe a blow.
[C].   Ram asked the magician what I have done to deserve so severe a blow.
[D].   Ram asked the magician what he has done to deserve so severe a blow.


Question : 9

He said, “I have done my duty.”

[A].   He said that I have done my duty.
[B].   He said that he has done his duty.
[C].   He said that he had done his duty.
[D].   He told that I have done my duty.


Question : 10

Manna asked Rohan, "Have you sat in a trolley bus before?"

[A].   Manna asked Rohan whether he had sat in a trolley bus earlier.
[B].   Manna asked Rohan had he sat in a trolley bus before.
[C].   Manna asked Rohan if he sat on a trolley bus before.
[D].   Manna asked Rohan if he has ever sat in a trolley bus.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment