English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-47

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 47

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 47


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

He looked at the sky and said, "How beautifully the clouds are floating!"

[A].   He looked at the sky and exclaimed with joy that the clouds were floating beautifully.
[B].   Looking at the sky he told that the clouds are floating beautifully.
[C].   He looked at the sky and said that the clouds very beautifully are floating.
[D].   He looked at the sky and said that the floating clouds are beautiful.


Question : 2

The policeman said, “What is your name? Where are you going?

[A].   The policeman asked what was his name and where he was going.
[B].   The policeman asked his name and where he was going.
[C].   The policeman asked what is his name and where he is going.
[D].   The policeman told what was his name and where he was going.


Question : 3

I said to Vijay, “Goodbye my friend, I hope to see you very soon”.

[A].   I told my friend Vijay goodbye and that I hoped to see him very soon.
[B].   I bade my friend Vijay goodbye and wished to see him very soon.
[C].   I said to my friend Vijay goodbye and wished that I would see him soon.
[D].   I addressed my friend Vijay and back him goodbye and wished to see him soon.


Question : 4

Ram asked me, "How much have you paid for this umbrella?"

[A].   Ram asked me how much he had paid for that umbrella.
[B].   Ram asked me whether how much I had paid for that umbrella.
[C].   Ram asked me how much I had paid for that umbrella.
[D].   Ram asked me how much 1 have paid for that umbrella.


Question : 5

Ram said, “I am going to Gujarat on three days leave”.

[A].   Ram asked that he was going to Gujarat on three days leave.
[B].   Ram said that he was going to Gujarat on three days leave.
[C].   Ram said he was going to Gujarat on three days leave.
[D].   Ram told that he is going to Gujarat on three days leave.


Question : 6

I said to her, “Have you visited the historical places at Lahore?”

[A].   I said to her that have you visited the historical places at Lahore.
[B].   I asked her that if she had visited the historical places at Lahore.
[C].   I asked her whether she had visited the historical places at Lahore.
[D].   I asked her whether she has visited the historical places in Lahore.


Question : 7

He welcomed me to his house.

[A].   He said, "Welcome to my house."
[B].   He said, "Welcome home."
[C].   He said, "Please come in."
[D].   He said, "You are welcomed here!"


Question : 8

I said, “My friend, be a man. Why are you afraid of confessing your guilt honestly?”

[A].   I told my friend to be a man and asked him why he was afraid of confessing his guilt honestly.
[B].   I addressed my friend and advised him to be a man.
[C].   I further asked him why he was afraid of confessing him guilt honestly.
[D].   He should be a man and confess his guilt honestly, I said.


Question : 9

“We have a lift but very often it does not work”, they said.

[A].   They said that they had a lift but very often it did not work.
[B].   They said that we have a lift but very often it did not work.
[C].   They said that they have a lift but very often it did not work.
[D].   They said that they have a lift but very often it does not work.


Question : 10

She said to me, "I'm going shopping. Can I get you something?"

[A].   She said she was going shopping and said to me if I wanted something.
[B].   She said she was going shopping and asked as if I wanted something.
[C].   She said she was going shopping and asked if she could get me something.
[D].   She said she is going shopping and asked if she could get me something.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment