English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-48

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 48

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 48


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

My friend said, “I walk to school while others go by bus”.

[A].   My friend said he walks to school while other go by bus.
[B].   My friend said that he walked to school while other go by bus.
[C].   My friend told that he walks to school while others went by bus.
[D].   My friend exclaimed that he walks to school while others go by bus.


Question : 2

I said to her, "I will have written letters."

[A].   I told her that she will have written letters.
[B].   I told her that she would have written letters.
[C].   I told her that I will have written letters.
[D].   I told her that I would have written letters.


Question : 3

Why are you sitting here, “he said to him, “Why do you not go out?”.

[A].   He asked him why is he sitting there and why does not he go out.
[B].   He said to him why he was sitting there and why he would not go out.
[C].   He asked him why he was sitting there and why he did not go out.
[D].   He told him why he was sitting there and why he did not go out.


Question : 4

I said to him, “You will play football very soon”.

[A].   I told him that he would play football very soon.
[B].   I told him he would play football very soon.
[C].   I said to him that he will play football very soon.
[D].   I advised him to play football very soon.


Question : 5

He said, "Asha washed the clothes."

[A].   He said that Asha washed the clothes.
[B].   He said that clothes were washed by Asha.
[C].   He said that Asha had washed the clothes.
[D].   He said that Asha has washed the clothes.


Question : 6

She said to her friend, “I shall not play with you tomorrow”.

[A].   She said to her friend that she could not play with her tomorrow.
[B].   She told her friend she would not play with her the next day.
[C].   She said to her friend that he shall not play with her the next day.
[D].   She told her friend that she would not play with her the next day.


Question : 7

The Major said, “It gives me great pleasure to be here this morning”.

[A].   The Major exclaimed with joy that it gave him great pleasure to be there that morning.
[B].   The Major said that it gave him great pleasure to be there that morning.
[C].   The Major said it gave him great pleasure to be there that morning.
[D].   The Major said that it gives him great pleasure to be there this morning.


Question : 8

He said, "I shall go as soon as it is possible."

[A].   He said that he would go as soon as it was possible.
[B].   He told he will go as soon as possible.
[C].   He asked whether to go as soon as it was possible.
[D].   He suggested that he will go as soon as it was possible.


Question : 9

He said, “I do not wish to see any of you, go away”.

[A].   He said he did not wish to see any of them and ordered them to go away.
[B].   He said that he did not wish to see any of them and ordered them to go away.
[C].   He told them to go away because he did not want to see any of them.
[D].   He said that he did not wish to see any of them and asked them to go away.


Question : 10

He asked me why I did not come on time the previous day.

[A].   He said to me, "Why didn't I come on time yesterday?"
[B].   He asked me, "Why didn't you come on time the previous day?"
[C].   He asked me, "Why you didn't come on time yesterday?"
[D].   He asked me, "Why didn't you come on time yesterday?"





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment