English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-46

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 46

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 46


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

The old lady declared that she was going to walk where she pleased. They had the liberty.

[A].   The old lady said that, "I was going to walk where I pleased. They have the liberty".
[B].   The old lady: "I am going to walk where I please. We have the liberty".
[C].   The old lady:"I was going to walk where I pleased. They have the liberty".
[D].   The old lady: "I am going to walk where I pleased. They had the liberty."


Question : 2

She said to him, “I have often told you this story.”

[A].   She said to him that I have often told you this story.
[B].   She told him that she had often told him that story.
[C].   She told him that I have often told him this story.
[D].   She told him that she has often told him that story.


Question : 3

"Have you done this sort of work before?" said his new employer

[A].   His new employer asked him whether he has done that sort of work before.
[B].   His new employer asked him whether he has done this sort of work before.
[C].   His new employer asked him whether he had done that sort of work before.
[D].   His new employer asked him whether he had done this sort of work before.


Question : 4

I said to him, “Have you gone completely mad?”

[A].   I asked him that if he had gone completely mad.
[B].   I said to him that have you gone completely mad.
[C].   I told him that have you gone completely mad.
[D].   I asked him if he has gone completely mad.


Question : 5

The student said, “Good morning, dear teacher, I have come in time.”

[A].   The student said that good morning, dear teacher, I have come in time.
[B].   The student greeted his dear teacher good morning and told him that I have come in time.
[C].   The student said good morning, dear teacher, I have come in time.
[D].   The student wished his dear teacher good morning and told him that he had come in time.


Question : 6

She said,"Mother,please cook me something nice today".

[A].   She told her mother to cook her something nice today.
[B].   She ordered her mother to cook her something nice that day.
[C].   She requested her mother to cook her something nice that day.
[D].   She asked her mother if she could cook her something nice that day.


Question : 7

The postman said to me, “Sir, I have a letter for you.”

[A].   The postman said to me that Sir, I have a letter for you.
[B].   The postman told to me that Sir, I have a letter for you.
[C].   The postman told me respectfully that he had a letter for me.
[D].   The postman told me respectfully that I have a letter for me.


Question : 8

He said to me, 'What are you doing?"

[A].   He asked me what I was doing.
[B].   He asked me what am I doing.
[C].   He said to me what I was doing.
[D].   He asked me what I am doing.


Question : 9

They said, “Alas! We have lost a great leader.”

[A].   They exclaimed with sorrow that they had lost a great leader.
[B].   They said that Alas! we have lost a great leader.
[C].   They said Alas! they have lost a great leader.
[D].   They exclaimed with sorrow that we have lost a great leader.


Question : 10

I said to the boy,"You have no ticket, get out before you are driven out."

[A].   I told the boy get out before you are driven out.
[B].   I told the boy to get out before he was driven out as he had no ticket.
[C].   I ordered the boy to get out before he was driven out.
[D].   I told the boy that he had no ticket and that he should get out before he was driven out.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment